Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Electricity Interview

Today we had an interview with KCP&L. They taught us all the dangers of electricity and how to keep away from them. We saw examples of some on a video, but I'm pretty sure we are more mature and wise than the people in the video. They also brought some stuff so we could see it FOR REAL and that definitely proved everything they said. They showed how if a person puts a ladder on the wire, and then touches it, then the electricity travels to them. We also learned if a wire falls on your car, stay in it. If you HAVE to get out, jump out and land with both feet on the ground and shuffle for as long as you can. You do this because you could get electrocuted once you touch the ground, because you were in the car, so it used you to transport electricity through you. Also, don't touch the car once your out. It could electrocute you. Trust me, it sounded and looked scary when I saw this. I learned a lot, and you learned some from me, and I think we will both need this information in the future!

Coming soon..... What were doing next in Science!!

Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment